‘It’s one less house for people in need’: Collingwood landlord selling after being left with unpaid bills

Canadalandlords

‘It’s one less house for people in need’: Collingwood landlord selling after being left with unpaid bills

#1 Unread post by Canadalandlords » October 16th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Landlord Al Truscott Is No Longer Going To Be A Housing Provider In Ontario

After 50 years of renting out properties, the retired Collingwood Collegiate teacher is selling out after a tenant left him shouldering a $1,900 water bill.

Truscott said he had no idea the bill was in arrears until he saw the envelope containing the invoice taped to the door of the unit.

“After 50 years of renting, I just got rid of two of the worst tenants I’ve ever had,” Truscott said. “It’s one less house for people in need because I’m selling it.”

The rules are just too unfair.

OLA: Good small landlords who play by the rules and rent out high quality rental properties keep getting ripped off.

This leads to these high quality landlords to say “enough is enough” which leads to less quality housing around province.”

https://ontariolandlords.org/blog/its-o ... landlords/