Medicine Hat properties for sale

Do you have an investment property for sale? Are you looking to buy an investment property in a certain area? This forum is for real estate for sale or wanted. If you have other services you want to advertise contact our admin. team.
InvestinAlberta

Medicine Hat properties for sale

#1 Unread post by InvestinAlberta » December 27th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Howdy All!

The Opportunity

Two houses on one 50x150' lot - a hot deal for anyone that wants to invest some time and effort. The front house is approximately 1600 sq ft and the rear home is approximately 500 sq ft. The history is that a doctor built the larger home in 1906, added servants quarters, then built an inlaw house on the rear of the property.

I have rennovated both properties but they have been rented for several years and need to be spiffed as follows: rear house - paint exterior. The interior has been completely done.Roof is 3 years old. Currently rented for $545/month
front - clean and paint interior, some minor repairs and paint exterior, some carpet in frontroom . Upgrading recommended but not entirely necessary for rental purposes.

This home has 3 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large kitchen and usually rents for $1100 - 1200/month. I have it empty right now for cleaning.

Both properties have 5 appliances, mostly newer. The yard is well treed with nice lawn and shrubs, but needs spiffing. Rear parking but no garage. The area is the original part of Medicine Hat with huge trees, well cared for properties and close to shopping, recreation and schools. There is a great deal of regentrification/new home construction in the general vicinity.

I have been involved with real estate for over 40 years, and would normally redo the property and rerent at a higher price, but this time I am committed to head south and really do not have the time or interest to devote to this project. I would prefer an outright sale, but would consider financial options to the right person(s), with $10,000 downpayment and carry $200k on Agreement for Sale at 6.5%.

FULL ASKING PRICE: $210,000

ADDRESS: 826A AND 828A BRAEMAR ST SE, MEDICINE HAT, ALTA

TAXES: (2011) $1,424.80 + 338.02 = $1,762.82 ($150/MONTH)

INSURANCE: APPROX $750/YR ($65/MONTH)

UTILITIES: PAID BY TENANTS

POSSESSION: IMMEDIATE

I will be in and out of Canada for the next few months, so e-mail @ travellingman54@hotmail.com or my cell # 403-502-2807
will be the best way to communicate.

This is an exellent way to enter the market as a landlord, or live in one and rent the other. Either way you can create equity with
a small down payment and some sweat equity. It can't get much easier than this. Interested? Lets talk.