Brampton apartment listing seeks Woman to share a bed with Man and do all of the cooking - I Don't See A Problem Here

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
V.S.

Brampton apartment listing seeks Woman to share a bed with Man and do all of the cooking - I Don't See A Problem Here

#1 Unread post by V.S. » February 5th, 2024, 5:53 am

This is causing outrage for so many people!

I Don't See A Problem Here

If people can be fine with sharing their nudes picture voluntarily on only-fans in return for consideration, or stripping and showing your privates in strip clubs, I see nothing wrong with this type proposal.

No one is forcing you, no one is pulling you by your leg. If you're ok with the transaction, it's your choice. It could be fun.

An advertisement for a basement bedroom in Brampton is causing quite the stir on socials this week, and surprisingly not for the reasons nightmarish rentals in the area usually end up going viral.

Though the room in question does leave a lot to be desired as far as space, furnishings and overall feel, there is something far more concerning about the listing than the dingy, unexceptional nature of the unit itself: the anachronistic duties the landlord is asking of a would-be tenant.

The ad starts with an immediate red flag, informing applicants that the bedroom — with only one single bed pictured — is for a "girl" to share with a "boy," the latter presumably an existing occupant.

Furthermore, along with sharing a bedroom (and potentially a bed) with a stranger of the opposite gender, the new renter will have to take on some responsibilities that feel pretty sexist, including cooking and overall "good behaviour."

"Girl must know cooking, rest of the work boy will do," the landlord writes in the listing, adding that the washroom and kitchen are both shared, of course, in addition to the single room.

"

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-toro ... y-cooking/

LandlordRightsNow

Re: Brampton apartment listing seeks Woman to share a bed with Man and do all of the cooking - I Don't See A Problem Her

#2 Unread post by LandlordRightsNow » February 5th, 2024, 5:57 am

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »