Landlord Living in house with tenant rights

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
mikebox

Landlord Living in house with tenant rights

#1 Unread post by mikebox » June 15th, 2019, 10:14 am

Hello,

I am currently living in a house and want to have additional tenants.
We share bathroom/kitchen. As far as I am aware Residential tenancy act does NOT apply in my case:

Section 5 - exemptions from act
(i) living accommodation whose occupant or occupants are required to share a bathroom or kitchen facility with the owner, the owner’s spouse, child or parent or the spouse’s child or parent, and where the owner, spouse, child or parent lives in the building in which the living accommodation is located
In my case, if I get some bad apples can I kick them out the same day or is there something I am missing here?
Also, if they sign a year contract, does this means its not really a real contract since RTA doesnt apply?

newmember

Re: Landlord Living in house with tenant rights

#2 Unread post by newmember » June 15th, 2019, 4:39 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »