Serving documents for hearing to tenant who has moved out

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
Yale

Serving documents for hearing to tenant who has moved out

#1 Unread post by Yale » June 13th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Hi there,
We are in BC. We were granted an order of possession for non-payment and the tenant has finally moved out. He still owes us money and we have another hearing coming up to get a monetary order for what he owes us and the RTB told us that we had to serve him with the updated monetary order sheet and evidence we submitted. But we don't know where the guy is so we couldn't send him anything and he refused to meet with us so we could have served him in person. We will apply for substitute serving by email during the hearing but I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. It seems to me that this must be a common issue but I couldn't find any information on it. Thanks!

Veteran

Re: Serving documents for hearing to tenant who has moved out

#2 Unread post by Veteran » June 13th, 2018, 6:24 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »