Applicants with low credit scores

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
colossk

Re: Applicants with low credit scores

#11 Unread post by colossk » March 4th, 2018, 9:04 pm

I know the board mantra here from landlords is good credit only but I have to disagree to a certain extent. The best tenant I ever had and still have currently (going on 9 years now) had a credit score of something around 580.

Exceptions can be made and the entire picture needs to be taken into account. The tenant I am referring to is a government professional, made just over 6 figures in a stable job for the past 25 years when I rented to her 9 years ago.

Her credit was destroyed by a vindictive husband while going thru a divorce. She broke down in tears while showing her the apartment. Never regretted it once.Best decision we ever made.

Greenie

Re: Applicants with low credit scores

#12 Unread post by Greenie » March 6th, 2018, 10:31 am

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »

# by »