Won at the LTB- Landlords CANNOT contract out snow/ice removal, Landlords are 100% Responsible

We have recruited Tenant Community Leaders across Canada to help provide a helpful & informative forum for verified tenants. This is a safe space for Tenants to seek help & communicate with one another in a mature & non-confrontational arena. Tenants contributors only.
Arse

Won at the LTB- Landlords CANNOT contract out snow/ice removal, Landlords are 100% Responsible

#1 Unread post by Arse » February 18th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Been reading here for the past few years and happy to pay and join this mighty Tenant Force!

Just want to let all tenants know that the advice give here is correct! LANDLORDS CANNOT CONTRACT OUT THEIR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THE RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES ACT (RTA).

I won at the Land and Tenant Board (LTB).

The Adjudicator said she might have a different opinion for a single family home, but if you are in any type of multiplex EVEN IF YOU SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO SHOVEL THE DRIVEWAY, SIDEWALK, STAIRS...IT IS ILLEGAL!

Even the prick landlords had me sign away my rights, he was breaking the law!

Why?

Landlords are legally responsible under the RTA and cannot sign away my rights just like someone cannot say "give me illegal drugs, bitch!" 8-)

All the misinformation all over the internet must be part of the landlord strategy to mislead tenants and intimidate us.

Tenants, your landlord cannot contract out snow and ice removal. If you have this signed take your slu.mlord to the LTB.

Laura

Re: Won at the LTB- Landlords CANNOT contract our snow/ice removal, Landlords are 100% Responsible

#2 Unread post by Laura » February 18th, 2019, 10:29 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »